Terms & Conditions
The Legal Stuff
These Terms & Conditions form a contract between Muirfield Travel Ltd (hereafter referred to as Muirfield Travel) and you the client. It is important that you read and understand these conditions and that you are fully aware of what we are providing under the contract.
When you book a golf break, holiday or tour with Muirfield Travel, your contract is with Muirfield Travel Ltd, company number SC491022, with its registered office address at 2 Quality Street, North Berwick EH39 4HW. Your contract is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information (including prices) and images on our website (muirfieldtravel.com), in our email newsletters and quotes, and in our promotional material and printed media, regrettably changes and errors occasionally occur. We will therefore confirm the details of your chosen break, holiday or tour (including the price) at the time of booking.
Muirfield Travel has taken all care to ensure published information and prices are accurate however if we identify an error or omission following publication, we will inform you before confirming your booking. The revised information will then form part of your contract. If an error or omission is discovered after your booking is made, we will always try to advise you prior to your holiday.
Muirfield Travel Payment Terms
Muirfield Travel will issue a proposal containing a framework itinerary and price. Until such time a deposit has been paid none of the golf, hotel and other arrangements can be confirmed and diarised. Where possible Muirfield will make provisional bookings to secure arrangements in advance of a deposit payment. A finalised and confirmed itinerary with confirmed golf, hotels etc will be issued on payment of the deposit.
A non-refundable deposit of 40% of the tour price issued by Muirfield travel in the proposal document must be paid to secure a booking. Payment of the deposit invoice issued is deemed confirmation of your acceptance of the booking on the terms of these Booking Conditions and your holiday is secured from that moment.
The balance payment is payable 90 days prior to the tour start date. Bookings made less than 90 days before your tour start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
If the final balance is not received by this date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled, and retain your deposit. In which case, you could be liable to pay us cancellation charges of up to 100% of invoice total.
Accepted Forms of Payment
– Bank Transfer (No surcharge applicable)
– Debit Card (No surcharge applicable)
– Credit Card (2% surcharge applies)
Changes in Price and Itineraries
Prices quoted on this website are in pounds sterling (except where noted otherwise), are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice. Should there be any increase in the cost to us, caused by currency exchange rate fluctuations, Government action, or changes in airor ferry fares, we will only absorb 5% change. You will be required to meet any increase between 5% and 10%. If we must increase the price of your holiday by more than 10%, you will have the option of continuing with the holiday arrangements and meeting the extra costs (above 5%) or of cancelling with a credit note of any money you have paid to us, except any charges we have incurred for amendments. If you decide to cancel the holiday, you must do so within seven working days of the issue of the revised Confirmation of Booking Invoice.
Changes to your Holiday
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements after the deposit has been made, but as the arrangements are often planned many months in advance, we may occasionally, must make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them soon. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements.
If the minimum number of clients required for a travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel the booking. Where the price varies depending on the number of persons booked and you wish to change the number of persons booked, the price will be recharged based on the new party size as shown in the price given subject to the minimum number specified in the proposal document.
3rd Party Elements to the Booking
If we are forced to cancel an Event i.e. Tournament or Escorted Tour etc and you have booked separate elements through another supplier other than Muirfield Travel then we are not liable for these 3rd party costs. We will however offer you alternative accommodation, golf courses etc in the area and refund any balance of monies.
Charges Payable for General Booking Amendments
If you wish to make changes to your booking we will do our best to assist. The cost of making changes to your booking, vary depending on the nature of the change. For changes of a relatively minor nature i.e. name changes, change of hotel within the same destination, golf course or tee time, car hire, the following charges will apply per person for each change made:
|More than 30 days prior to departure||= £15|
|30 days or less prior to departure||= £30 *|
*Changes to golf 30 days or less prior to departure will incur the full loss of the green fee.
A separate Cancellation Charge will be levied in respect of bookings cancelled. A new invoice will be issued as appropriate, on which the Cancellation Charges will be shown.
On some of our self-catering accommodation a deposit may be required to be lodged locally and will be returned at the end of your stay providing no breakages occur. While this deposit rule is very seldom applied on any of the properties featured on our website, it remains at the discretion of the local property management to do so.
Cancellation Policy and Charges
Cancellations after the deposit has been paid to Muirfield travel will result in loss of all deposit monies paid. To compensate Muirfield Travel for the expense of processing your booking and for the risk that we may not be able to re-sell the holiday, a cancellation fee will be charged at following rate.
60-90 days from start date of tour 50%
0-60 days from start date of tour 100%
For this reason, Muirfield Travel strongly recommends that your travel insurance policy includes cover for cancellation charges in the event of cancellation due to illness or other circumstances.
For a booking to be cancelled in full or part, Muirfield Travel must receive written instruction must go to Muirfield travel by email to email@example.com and approved by a Company Director.
No refund is available for cancellations after the holiday package has commenced or in respect of any tours, accommodation, meals or any other services not utilised. Please note that employees of any supplier are not authorised by Muirfield Travel to make any undertakings to a client in respect of refunds or other matters. Please refer to the ‘Cancellation Charges’ for further information.
If unforeseen circumstances beyond our control require us to make necessary changes to your holiday, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule departures and itineraries. Where it is necessary to change a hotel Muirfield Travel reserves the right to substitute accommodation of at least a similar standard.
Transfers & Airport Pick-up
When pricing your trip we have assumed that your tour party will travel as one group from the pick-up airport to your destination and likewise for the return transfer to the airport at the end of your vacation. Should your group require multiple pick-ups and drop offs then these additional transfers will be costed and subject to a supplementary invoice. Non-golfer and ad hoc transfer requests will also be subject to additional charges.
Muirfield Travel will not pay compensation if we must cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
Clients are required to ensure names being used to make a booking with Muirfield Travel are exactly as those appearing in the passports. Any name/initial or spelling changes may incur a fee per change.
What’s Not Included in the Holiday Price
Hotel laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to representatives, coach drivers and local city guides, items of a personal nature, expenses, fees or costs incurred in case of illness, or of refusal of entry, detention in, or expulsion or repatriation from a country or part of a country. Muirfield Travel is not liable for any expense, costs or loss incurred in relation to such matters.
Hotel Check-In & Vehicle Rentals
To guarantee charges for incidental items, suppliers require validation of a current credit card.
Green Fees / Tee Times
When making your booking you will be asked for your requested days of play, courses and preferred tee time. The following will be the procedure:
|Once all the clubs have responded with your tee time ‘actual time’, Muirfield Travel will send you a confirmation invoice, detailing your golf holiday package and showing your tee times.
Golf Course Conditions
Golf Etiquette | Handicap Certificates
We cannot accept any responsibility in any ruling by the hotel/golf course if you or any of your group is unable to play due to inappropriate attire. Please check before you travel that your group is aware of appropriate golfing attire.
Golf Tee Times & Spa Appointments
Limitations of Liability
(2) In relation to Resort bookings, we have a duty to select the accommodation providers with reasonable skill and care, but have no liability to you for the actual provision of the accommodation, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore, providing we have selected the provider with reasonable care and skill, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens at the accommodation or any acts or omissions of the provider or others.
(3) In relation to both Resort bookings and Tour bookings, we will not be liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
(4) We do not accept responsibility or liability for any services which do not form part of our contract with you. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised on our website or in any of our brochures as being included in the price of your break and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(5) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question were properly provided. If the services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the UK laws and regulations that would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature, which might lead a reasonable client to refuse to take the break in question.
(6) Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your booking. In addition, where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited in accordance with:
(a) the contractual terms of carriage of the companies that provide the transportation for your golf tour or golf break (and such terms are incorporated into this contract).
(b) any applicable international convention, for example, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limits the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage.
Copies of the contractual terms of the suppliers of your break, holiday or tour and the applicable international conventions are available from us on request.
(7) We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or other sum(s) of any description (a) which, based on the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our confirming it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (b) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally, we do not accept liability for any business losses, including loss of profit.
(8) You must provide us and our insurers with all the assistance that we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint (see clause 8 above). If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
Should you have any concerns about our terms & conditions or your own information please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org